While on a trip to Wal-Mart to get some seeds for my new fresh herb garden (inspired by my husbands Grandma, will show & tell at a later time), I saw some cute red, white and blue flowers and it gave me the idea to put together a cute and inexpensive display for the 4th of July.
This project is so simple you’ll want to get up and go to the nearest store and get all the supplies ASAP! It was very inexpensive and not very time consuming, here is what you will need:
Red, white & blue flowers
3 Terra cotta pots
Flowers: $3.50/each, $10.50
Terra cotta pots, medium: $2/each, $6
Total cost: $16.50
About 30 minutes
- It’s easiest if you use the sharpie to write “U-S-A”, on each of the terra cotta pots, feel free to use paint or even paint them as a flag design if you’d like. But the easiest and quickest way to get a patriotic and minimal look is through just using sharpie and keeping it simple!
- Next I put the flowers into each pot, I chose the order I did because I felt like the red flowers were the biggest and looked better in the middle, but you do you and choose whatever you like.
- Fill in any empty spaces with potting soil and give them a little bit of water for their new home!
- Display on your porch for all to see and enjoy during these summer months!
- Boom. Done. Kick your feet up and relax, drink some lemonade… start chanting U-S-A like I did when I finished, do whatever you want cuz, ‘Merica.
Let me know if you have any other fun ideas for this project or inspired by this project!